We Welcome New Families
If interested in admission to UPCCS K-5, an application must be submitted to the school office. Applications for the current school year will not be accepted. All applications will be for the upcoming school year with open enrollment occurring mid-December through the end of March. There will be no exceptions to the submission of an application by the established deadline. In the event that there are more applications received than space permits, the school will hold a lottery in January of the school year during a public meeting advertised in accordance with applicable law.
Preferences will be given to students in the following order:
- Students within the Pittsburgh School District that have a sibling currently enrolled in UPCCS K5;
- Students who do not reside in Pittsburgh Public School District, but have a sibling currently enrolled in UPCCS K5;
- Students who reside within Pittsburgh School District that do not have a sibling currently enrolled in UPCCS K5
- Students who do not reside within Pittsburgh School District that do not have a sibling currently enrolled in UPCCS K5
If a potential student’s name is drawn in the lottery, parents/guardians will be notified of acceptance. If there are more children in a given preference category than there are spaces remaining, a random drawing will be held. Children not selected in the lottery will be placed randomly on a numbered waiting list separated by preference category. Parents/Guardians will be notified in writing of their child’s position on the waiting list. If a space becomes available during the school year then the first student on the waiting list will be notified of their acceptance.
If your child was not accepted or if a space did not open, this enrollment process repeats when you resubmit an application for your child to be enrolled in the upcoming school year during the open enrollment window.
Acceptance does not guarantee enrollment. The failure to provide enrollment information required by applicable laws and regulations may result in the child being denied enrollment. Certain documents are needed for enrollment. If a waiting list exists for the child’s entering grade, a timeline for submission of these required documents will be determined by school administration. If the necessary documents are not submitted by the deadline, the child may be denied enrollment and placed on the bottom of the waiting list. This list below is provided to allow you to prepare in advance of a notice of acceptance and possible future enrollment:
- Parental Registration Statement under 24 P.S. § 13-1304-A;
- Verification of child’s date of birth;
- Proof of residence to the extent consistent with applicable state and federal law; and,
- Immunization record of the child to the extent consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal